Continuing the Progress
Born and raised in Jefferson Parish, Jennifer’s roots in District 5 run deep. She learned her work ethic from her parents, Johnny and Valerie Van Vrancken, owners of The Balcony Ballroom for the past 40 years. She is married to Metairie native and attorney Stephen Dwyer. She is a lawyer and former television journalist. Since joining President John Young's administration in 2010, Jennifer was promoted twice to ultimately serve as Chief Operating Officer of Jefferson Parish.
- Tulane School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1995
- Newcomb College, Cum Laude, Communication Political Science, 1992
- University of Virginia, 1990
- Academy of the Sacred Heart, 1989
- St. Clement of Rome, 1985
EFFECTIVE AND PROVEN LEADERSHIP
- Jefferson Parish staff person responsible for overseeing 3,000 employees, 35 parish departments and a $580 million budget.
- Parish President’s liaison to Jefferson Chamber, JEDCO, Film Industry and East Jefferson civic associations.
- Established Jefferson Parish Film Permitting Process.
- Handled $2.16 million in tourism funds to draw visitors to attractions like Family Gras and newly created Oyster Trail and Bucktown Bash.
- Redeveloped jeffparish.net into a user friendly website based on citizen needs.